We Know How to Have Fun in the Water!
Seabirds International was first established in the United Kingdom in 2009 by British Canoeing coach Andrea Vaillancourt-Alder in collaboration with other dynamic and experienced female coaches to address low participation in paddlesport for women and girls.
Seabirds International continues to provide inclusive, safe and accessible training for all. The learner comes first, and every session is designed around the paddlers needs and goals.
Seabirds International aims to make your paddling experience one to remember. Contact us to discuss your waterways adventure. We look forward to seeing you on the water!
Seabirds collaborates with other organizations to promote safety and inclusivity in paddlesports. Contact email@example.com if you’d like to be involved.
Seabirds early origins stem from the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean where Andrea’s love of the outdoors and water sports began.
Seabirds offers kayak training and skills instruction during the winter months in the South. This presents a great opportunity to learn in warm waters whilst enjoying the natural environment and the wildlife. Contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Perfect Instruction! Andrea is a fantastic teacher. Love her enthusiasm! Sandi York
Great session- really helpful coaching in a supportive atmosphere. Very personalized and also fun. Kerry
- 30 years outdoor education experience
- Themed kayak tours- foraging, wildlife, geology, shipwrecks, night paddles, heritage tours and more
- Waterway initiatives – environmental, volunteer schemes, female led events, over 50’s, multigenerational events
- Canoe trails
- Canoe club development
- Cycle trail development
- Watersports facility development
- Access improvements and community art initiatives
- Environmental education initiatives and learning programs in the USA and the UK linked to sustainable tourism initiatives
- Water safety cover for events
- Water safety strategy development and delivery
- British Canoeing Guide Module Provider
- British Canoeing Level 2 instructor since 2003. Three Star Sea Paddler BC#116587
- ACA Level 3 Coastal Instructor #23955296
- ACA Level 1 River Canoe Instructor #23955296
- Leave No Trace Master Educator, lnt.org
- Current first aid and water safety qualification
- ACA endorsement in Adaptive paddling (paddling with physical disabilities)
- Project Wild & Project Learning Tree facilitator
- Project Adventure
- American Canoe Association member
- Leave No Trace member
- Instructor since 1984, qualified Teacher since 1990, Tulane University
- VHF Radio license
- New York State Licensed Guide #7216
- Wilderness First Aid
Partners Past and Present
- Buffalo Paddlefest
- Department of Environment and Conservation, BOW program
- NY State Parks, WOW (Wear it on the Water) Initiative
- Cornwall College
- Sport England
- British Waterways
- British Canoe Union
- Women in Sport Fitness Foundation
- Environment Agency
- Forestry Commission
- Ocean Sports
- Cornwall Sports Partnership
- Cornwall Tourism
- Era Adventures
- Eden Project
- Carbis Bay hotel
- New Horizons
- Atlantic Pursuits
- Canoe clubs, schools and youth clubs